I write the article to tell you how to clean your glass bongs or water pipes really well. please don’t go on smoking your quality weed out of a dirty bong. Nothing ruins the taste more, It’s healthy to smoke from a clean weed bong.
Glass Bongs and bubbler pipes are great; cleaning them, not so much. Some individuals with more cash than patience will even go so far as to buy a new bong instead of cleaning an old one. Most cannabis consumers won’t take things quite to that extent, but the fact of the matter is that there’s some truth to the dirty-bong-on-the-coffee-table stereotype: after all, depending on your methodology, removing resin from water pipes can range from inconvenient to impossible.
Fortunately, this doesn’t have to be a chore. With a few preventative measures and the right cleaning products, crystal-clear glass can be the norm for your bongs and bubblers. The following guide will help you get your glass clean and keep it that way; below, you’ll learn about common glass complaints that can easily be avoided.
Best Practices for Cleaning a Water Pipe
1. Pour out the dirty water and flush the inside of the bong or bubbler with warm, clean water. Empty the water out.
2. Pour a cleaning solution into your bong. There are many different cleaning solutions available, including isopropyl alcohol and salt, but we prefer a solution designed specifically for cleaning resin out of pipes.
3. Cover the openings of the bong or bubbler. You can use your hands or paper towels, but products designed specifically for water pipes.
4. Shake the bong vigorously until all of the resin is removed from the glass and floating in the cleaning solution. Letting the solution soak for a little while first can help loosen the resin up, but you don’t necessarily have to wait.
5. Sometimes you will get a spot or two that are particularly stubborn. To get these spots off, try a pipe brush. If you can’t reach them with a pipe brush, try a magnetic bong.
6. Pour the cleaning solution out and rinse the inside of the bong with warm water. If your glass looks hazy or filmy on the inside, wash it one more time with a little fresh cleaning solution, then rinse once more with warm water.
7. Fill with fresh filtered water, load, and enjoy!
Bong Maintenance: How to Prevent Mold, Water Stains, and More
Using unfiltered spring or tap water in your water pipes can lead to water stains because of the mineral content. These marks can be difficult to remove, but luckily they’re easy to avoid in the first place. To prevent them, always use filtered water to fill your bong. It’s also a good idea to use filtered water during the cleaning process, but this isn’t required – just be sure to rinse with filtered water when you’re done cleaning.
These are the worst – not only are they gross, they’re also very difficult to remove. As such, it’s best to avoid them altogether. Changing the water in your bong or bubbler daily, and doing a thorough cleaning about once a week, will help to prevent them.
There are only a couple ways to remove a scratch from glass. These methods are fairly complicated processes that call for specific tools, and you run the risk of deforming or breaking the bubbler in the process. Let’s start with an obvious tip to prevent scratches in the first place – be careful! Keep a bong pad nearby to prevent scratches on the bottom of your bong, and if you plan to travel with your glassware, be sure to pack it in a padded bong bag or hard case.
This is probably the most important thing to prevent. If you knock your bong over or drop it, there’s a good chance it will break – and if you break your bong, you can’t use it! It’s obvious, of course, but always be careful with bongs and bubblers. Keeping your glassware in a bong bag or hard case when not in use will minimize the chance of breakage.
For a full selection of water pipes and cleaning supplies, visit Hasmoke, the online head shop dedicated to bringing you the best dab rigs, pipes, and best bongs. Whether you are looking for cheap water pipes or heady glass, they’ve got you covered!